CADconform for MicroStation Readme
new in CADconform?
For the latest enhancements to the product in each revision of
CADconform, see the Feature
Request report. Fixes to known problems can also be found in
the Bug Fix Report.
Brief highlights are listed below:
New in version 8
- New V8 licence file format, see
here more more info.
- Support for feature types: 3D Solid, Hatch,
- Platform support for Bentley Navigator, AECOsim and
- Symbology icons in the Report Viewer
- Modified rows can now be highlighted or removed from
- Fully customisable reporting columns
- Checking of hatch type, angle, cell and spacing.
- Faster watermarking and watermark integrity checking.
- Ability to merge selected features in the feature
- Ability to choose the drafting command for every
feature type from a drop-down list.
- Added tab pages to the Conform window to flip between
preview images, text description or both.
- Support for DTM (type 106) elements used in OpenRoads.
- The Batch Processor can now keep track of the active
model via a toggle command.
- Added ability to check and correct cells on 'is
annotation cell' status.
- Unicode support for design files with Asian language
strings (levels, style names, etc)
- Conform allows a "current scale" to be set, which
allows quick selection of the active multi-scale setting.
- Improved string filtering in Conform, including the
ability to match on level name.
- Option to check/fix on text scale proportionality
independently of text size.
- Option to check on maximum element size (useful in 3D
models with compound cells).
- The pooled licence 'alive' timer now operates in a
separate thread to
MicroStation, eliminating potential pauses due to network congestion.
- Reports can now be sorted by the last two selected
columns, and numeric columns are no longer sorted alphabetically.
- Option to allow features only if they are found in a
certain model (e.g. the title block reference model).
- Support for negative text size.
- Added a command to view a customisable
log of configuration variables from the 'Tech Support' window.
New options for defining cross-hatching
A custom Feature
Summary report showing the symbology icons and two rows with modified
elements in red.
new 'Technical Support' window
New in version 7.1
- Drafting from the list-box can now optionally be operated
in single-click or double-click mode.
- Tag value checking and correcting, with full Perl / Unix
Regular Expressions support.
- Dockable and pinnable Drafting windows in MicroStation XM
- A new multi-preview resizeable Cell Selector with local
cell image caching and customisations stored uniquely per cell library.
- Platform support for Bentley PowerCivil, PowerMap,
PowerInroads and PowerGeopak, as well as AECOsim and any other
MicroStation / PowerDraft-based platform.
Drafting Menus docked and pinned to the left panel of MicroStation's
main window. Each menu pops out automatically when the mouse moves over
the tab page.
new CADconform Cell Selector showing a cell library in multi-cell
Older Additions in v7.1
- True colour icon in MicroStation XM and V8i.
- Conform, Drop and Delete commands can now be performed from
the Error Summary, Feature Summary or Individual Error reports in the
- A feature name filter has been added to the Feature Table
Editor, to allow fast feature finding.
- Terminator symbols can now be defined, checked and drafted.
This is useful for cleaning up AutoCAD originating dimensions.
- Feature keyin lengths have been increased from a maximum of
1024 characters, to approximatedly 8000 characters (depending on
- Conform now has much more granular feature match scoring.
The new system compares and scores on closeness of values (colour
matching, string similarity, integer and floating point proximity,
etc)*. The result is a much better estimation of the best match in the
- CSV Export now support optional export of ranged values and
- Cell library details are now cached locally. This improves
conformance speed considerably, especially when cell libraries are
located on a network drive.
- Conform now has a preview window showing the current
element before and after the change has been applied. This preview can
be in the main Conform window or a separate popup window.
- The global file checking options (model/file name, colour
table, signature/title block cell and border sheet options) are now
integrated into the Conform window.
* This means for
example, that a level
named "REBAR" will be a closer match to "EXISTING_REBAR" than
"CONCRETE" and will thus increase the match score. Similarly two shades
of grey will have a higher match score for colour than a grey and green
Copyright 2001-2016 Altiva Software, Inc.
Last modified by Matthew Tolmie.